View post (PRS Custom 24 S2 vs. 22 S2)

View thread

fretsmith
fretsmith
05/21/2014 4:47 pm
Hi Rich- I get it. If you're not feeling it your just not feeling it. You gave it a fair chance and it just didn't work out. Hopefully you can still be friends :)

I'd +1 on the user who rec the SE's. I have two (custom 24 / singlecut) and like them both very much. I've tried the S2's but I didn't see any justification for the significant price difference over an SE. I will never own a USA PRS - I just can't see spending that much - even in the secondary market. IF I ever DO spring major on a single guitar it would have to be an ES-335.

As you've encountered - each instrument has it's own "voice" ... Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert both have amazing voices - but they're not the same.... similar with guitars. If the PRS (S2) voice didn't appeal to you - that's your personal taste in action. Saw the pic of the LP you snagged - really nice!

Based on your experience I really have to "hmmmm" over the "55 point inspection" Sweetwater is so proud of. 2 guitars and they BOTH have issues that require attention ? I recently gave SW the opportunity to price-match a guitar and they decined based on the value of this 55 point inspection that would "assure me a flawless instrument in every way". Hmmmmm ... ( MF matched it happily and I received a flawless guitar that required absolutely no tweaking of any sort ). (no dis on SW not matching a price by-the-way ... they can run their business any way they want)

Good luck with the new Paul. I have an 02' "Orville Gibson Tribute Les Paul Studio - Gothic" ... totally happy with it but I think I'm going to sell it and get a "Les Paul Classic" ... it appears my own appearance is becoming more-and-more "vintage" so maybe a more "classic" look would be fitting?! :)

Strum on Brother

PS: SlipinLizard: That living room scene w/Jack Lemmon has been CUT in my recent viewings! (as well as a couple of others) WTH are they thinking!!

Best user post this month gets a set of steak knives ... everyone else is fired :)