View post (PRS Custom 24 S2 vs. 22 S2)

View thread

maggior
maggior
05/02/2014 4:01 pm
Yep, post purchase anxiety :-).

I'm not worried about hurting Sweetwater's feelings, I just don't want to deal with the stress of shipping a guitar back. In any case, I emailed my sales guy my concern to see what he suggests if anything.

I actually haven't even put the trem arm in. If I could have, I would have bought this guitar with a fixed bridge. The tuning on this guitar is so darn stable though, I may pop it in for fun. The trem was so finiky on my strat I had it tightened down against the body of the guitar.

It's more the reach that I'm concerned with. I guess I could find an Custom SE 22 and try it. I'll have to bring a guitar strap. When I'm sitting with the guitar the reach feels different. That's why I didn't pick up the reach issue in the store. And I was going to bring a strap with me but forgot. Lesson learned :-).

I should mess with adjusting the strap too. I did that in the beginning and it helped a lot. I play my LP and Strat positioned pretty high up and level on my body. The PRS felt more comfortable when I dropped it down a bit and angled it. I'll have to look at that closer again.

Thanks for the input Frestmith!!