View post (PRS Custom 24 S2 vs. 22 S2)

View thread

maggior
maggior
05/02/2014 1:14 pm
I posted this question in the PRS forums too, but I thought maybe somebody here would have some insight.

Ugh...sometimes too many choices is a bad thing. I like the guitar I bought, but I can't help think the Cu22 would be better. Of course I have no way of holding both in my hands to know for sure since my local guitar stores don't stock both. I was lucky to find the custom 24 in a store. My wife will have a heart attack if I order another guitar from sweetwater just to compare the two :-). I wouldn't be comfortable doing that anyway.

First off, does anybody know if there is a significant difference in the feel regarding how far you have to reach out to get to the open position (first fret)? The custom 24 feels like a little bit of a reach - more so than my strat.

Secondly, is the neck pickup on the 22 really that much darker (less trebly sounding) than on the 24?

Regarding the neck pickup tone, I always thought the neck pickup on my les paul was too dark sounding, so I thought the difference in the neck pickup on the Cu24 would be an advantage.

I like this guitar a lot, but I hate having the feeling that perhaps I bought the wrong guitar!!

I've tried watching videos online and they really don't help.

Any insight anybody might have is appreciated.