View post (Blues in Bm Jam Take 2 w/PRS)

View thread

maggior
maggior
04/27/2014 1:50 am
Hey thanks guys!! It isn't so much that I don't like the trebly tone, it just doesn't suit the track. It was more an experiment to get a feel for each tone setting. It does have a nice bite to it! But yeah, if I was using that tone and my audience liked it...I'd stick with it :-).

I have played with the coil taps, though not on this track. That adds a whole other dimension of tone. I love the versatility. I like the coil taps on this.

Axe...you must have missed my other posts about this guitar!! I have to admit, the guitar has been an adjustment for me. It has a very different feel and responds very differently to my playing. The more I play it and learn about it, the more I really like it!! It works very well with my Zoom G5 and I can get a ton of different tones with it.

The neck feels awesome!!! It is super smooth and the action is REALLY low with no fret buzz. It's a Custom 24 S2 in Black Cherry. The color is incredible!! It is a gorgeous guitar! The fit and finish is unlike anything I've ever seen before. The fretwork is amazing.

So now that I'm used to the feel and am comfortable playing it, I really love it. I can't wait to play it at band rehearsal this week...and then play it out eventually.

I still like my other guitars...my strat will always be my "first guitar", but this PRS is something special.