Forming a band

haghj500
haghj500
05/16/2014 1:35 am
Fretsmith,

How much did he talk you down on your guitar price?

Some people are good to the core, others have no core to hold things like values, feeling and love.

Once you get a band together keeping it together can be harder than putting it together in the first place. People try out for the band, lots of yes, love it, yea I can learn those songs. Often less than 2 months later, their gone. So you start this whole search over. But when you get a group together that (1) enjoys being in each others company and (2) enjoy the same music. Magical things can happen and all it took to get there was just a ruff step along the way, like learning the open F chord.
# 1
fretsmith
fretsmith
05/16/2014 3:56 am
Hey hagh- I had already made it clear my price was firm before he came over- he didn't even discuss price. We talked/joked around for almost an hour. Got along great and our vision/ambition was well aligned. I mull over what I did "wrong" ... but in the end, I think he just flaked on me ... happens pretty regular. Maybe my destiny is a solo act? :) Or maybe I should go to one of those music store "summer camps" so they'll HAVE to play with me ? I feel like the fat kid in gym class who never gets picked.... :-)

Take Care
# 2
maggior
maggior
05/16/2014 1:47 pm
You joke about the music store "summer camps", but that could be a great opportunity if there are any in your area. That's similar to what I did at my local music store.

Who knows, maybe he went back to his band, told them about you, and they said something like "damn it man, would you STOP trying to recruit members...we don't need any more, I don't care if he's Eric Clapton!". Or maybe you'll hear back a month from now, like there's nothing odd that he's getting back to you in 2 months rather than 1 week. :-).
# 3
Mason Bruce
Mason Bruce
05/23/2014 6:18 am
I'm in the beginning stages of putting a band together, I think Tom Hess' website has some good articles on rehearsing effectively with a band.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.