Record Year for Martin Guitar

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
03/26/2014 9:36 pm
OK...so CNN and Money and Fortune magazines aren't at the top of the guitar news world but the website should be able to put out some accurate business news, I think. This article, http://management.fortune.cnn.com/2014/03/25/martin-guitars/ , details the continued growth of Martin Guitar which includes 2013 as their best year ever. Lots of good news for Martin and some kudos but some somber news for the rest of us...prices are going up in the next six months because of the increasing difficulty in obtaining the woods, Mother of Pearl, etc.

Here's something interesting but not new (it's a continuation of a multi-year trend): QUOTE "It's mostly because of the boomers, there's no question," says Martin chairman and CEO Chris Martin, referring to the guitar company's record sales. ENDQUOTE

I'm sorry...I just can't resist... Acoustics, at least these acoustics, are riding high and it's mostly because of old farts (I paraphrase :D ). Now, if one assumes that boomers with acoustics have more than a passing interest in songs 'of a certain age', shouldn't these multiyear trends in both North America and Europe (not to mention the many confessions of middle-age and above in the Introduction Forum) have some impact on the songs selected for Guitar Tricks lessons?

Just sayin'. ;)
"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.