View post (BOSS ME-80 vs. GT-100)

View thread

maggior
maggior
03/27/2014 2:41 am
Thanks for the insight guys! I took a look at the owner's manuals and one thing I did notice is that the GT-100 emulates many more amps. On the M-80, they don't even call them amp simulations, they are "preamp" settings.

My amp does have an effect loop, so I would be able to take advantage of that aspect of the GT-100.

I have to decide what it is I really want to do with it. When I first got the Zoom, I just wanted pedal effects, but then I realized it did amp modeling and dug into that.

In the band I've been playing with, I've just been switching between the clean and lead channels on a Fender Frontman amp. I've been using my neck pickup exclusively. I was messing with different pickups and stuff today and the neck pickup is just my "sound" at this point. It's what inspires me when I dig in, hit bends, and stuff like that. It could also be that this is what sounds good in that particular room. I noticed today that the room definitely has its own reverb characteristics.

The point is I'm not certain I need tons of flexibility at this point...as cool as that might be.

At least now I understand the differences much more clearly and make an intelligent decision.

Thanks again guys!!!

Rich