View post (This might be interesting.)

View thread

educatedfilm
educatedfilm
05/20/2002 9:29 pm
Originally posted by workingforchangecom
Brisard and Dasique were paid little mind by the American news media. Many of their allegations were based upon conjecture, circumstantial evidence, and the words of a dead man named John O'Neill.

I dont think it ever tries to put across a water-tight-will-stand-up-in-court acrgument.
There's is another that has been over looked, bin laden is still a SUSPECT, who has denied involvment in 911 and the embassies, so really the press shouldn't say he was responsible... do you know what i mean?
the articicle is a little bit of a strech really (although, the whole pipeline deal has been well publisised on the net, and by a few MPs here)..
THe whole 911 made my view of the media grow up very quickly. I realized, you cant fight it by word of mouth. (which is really scary if your a big name musicain, and allegation of child abuse or whatever get aired to death... I mean, the sad fact is the majority of poeple would believe it simple cos they were told it over and over again.. grrr) But then again (as ponyone pointed out) it's been used by poeple for thier own agendas, by everyone from the isreali's to the palastinains *LOL*..
I dont think there's any "conspiricy" *looks over shoulder*... I just think that the worlds top super power, is sadly ready to use military force for financail gain, but the media actaully perpetuates this.. by being "patriotic", and refusing to ask the critical questions... or correcting mistakes, liek the arabic flight instructor who was arrested, and apperantly had his photo taken with one of the hijackers (who actually turned out to be his cousin not the hijacker), gave them lessons (later, it was found the dates never matched), alledgely had a phone number of the some al quaida fund raising group (which was later found not to be).... They dont report this, the only people who reported this wer channel 4, when they showed like 10 minute exertes from an interview with him, now that he's free (the guy is only in his twenties, but because of those allegations, he'll never work on a plane again... another happy customer)... Why doesn't the US media report the screw ups? Does it feel no sense of morality, or is just a case of the viewers being happy told that the popele in charge are great, they always get the guy, crime doesn't pay, there no such thing as a perfect crime (which is the stupidest idea that alot of poeple beleive. How in god's name do you know there's no such thing as a perfect crime? The whole point of them is no one finds out... and i had trouble convincing my 50+ form tutor last year of this, poeple are so dense... heheheh) etc etc.

if you look at the history of the "junk bonds" (the milikan (Sp?) bonds) and the whole corprate raiders phase, and how those buisness men acted, and how companies gave cosy names to employees worst nightmares (eg "down sizing", actually means, we'er gonna fire lots of you, to suppousedly make this place more efficient, which worked in some cases i'll admit) (by the way as a result of the junk bonds, the real corprate power lies with the pensioners... I'd recommend some reaserch, it's a really cool subject) ... you see that corprate life is reflected very heavily on the Us admin, and the media.. being biased and one sided, no longer seems that bad anymore, it's "patroitic" *talks like ruby wax "just let roll of the tounge sweety.. p-at-rio-tic"*... same shist, differnt name..
oh well... *curses at the conseravtive middle classes for being so with drawn from forign polices.... oh well, it looks it'll always be down to us students*
:)
intresting read though... hehe, now where was i? ... oh yeah... *gets back to work*