View post (joined a band some may say)

View thread

Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
03/21/2014 4:52 pm
Post back when you've got it, and if you're having any issues figuring stuff out. One thing I noticed with it was most of the effect presets kind of sucked... I don't know why. However, the good news is that its really easy to program your own effect presets, and they can sound really good (the stuff I've posted in the listening post, the lead guitar was all done with the JS10).

What I found helps is just to create your own preset, take all the effects off, and start by choosing an amp simulation that you like the sound of... then build it up from there. For a good lead sound, you'll likely want to combine an amp sim and a pedal simulation, just like you would with a real amp. It can be a little tricky at first to figure out which "amp" and which "pedal" (overdrive or distortion) you like the combined sound of, and how much each should be driven to get a good combined result. What worked for me was to just use my ears, and do it just like you would with a real amp and overdrive or distortion pedal... get a decent sounding drive sound from the amp that you like, then add a distortion or overdrive and use that to push your sound to where you want it. Then add delay, noise-reduction, whatever else you want.

Have fun!