your first time

Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
05/19/2002 6:56 pm
hi!

how was your first time on stage? where u so nervous that you messed up even the simplest things? did you faint? or didnt u give a damn and showed yer naked bum to the audience?

first time we played live was a brand new experience for the whole band for none of us ever played live before. We were support for a local group and had a realy huge stage (10 meters), 30.000 Watts PA and 30.000 watts light. man we where shocked cuz we expected a realy small kinda gig with a 2 meter stage and 4 120 watt light bulbs or sumthing like that..

haha.. noone of us wanted to be the first to go out before the audience (about 400 peeps) and so we tossed our drummer towards the center of the stage where he stumbled and fell over a cable *LOL* .. oh man that was a bummer .. but the gig itself was quite cool.. drummer missed his set in, bassplayer played 16th´s instead of 8th´s and so on..

but the audience seemed to like it .. oh well fortunately this was far away from our hometown *LOL*

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 1

05/19/2002 10:36 pm
First time (with a big audince) Im not shure if i played good or bad.. i was going to play the solo on nothing else matters. I was new to lead playing and it was one of the few solo i could do..

The intro started slow as the song should be.. than the drummer kicks in and he start playing faster and faster. And all i could think off was; "FUkc i have never played nothing else matters solo faster than metallica plays it on there album."

I did the solo.. but i still don't know if i playd it correct or what i did... it was like i didn't have controll..

After the song i talked to the drummer; he didn't know eighter, he lost a stick under the song and was trying to find it...
# 2
mojoboy
mojoboy
05/19/2002 11:12 pm
After practicing with my band four times we had our first gig at some high school battle of the bands. Before the show even started my sovtek cab got busted somehow on the way over so i nearly had an aneurysm. Luckily I was able to borrow a cab from another guy. Then one of the guys that was helping me lug my gear dropped my guitar on the stage (on accident) and it busted my high-e machine head. Most people would resolve this by borrowing a guitar I suppose. But since i'm the only left-handed player at the school I had no choice but too play my solos without it that night. The show was fine since nobody expected a ton from us but people enjoyed it.
Fortune and Glory kid...fortune and glory
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.