View post (what comes first? music or lyrics?)

View thread

micpogo80
micpogo80
02/20/2015 3:37 am
"there's no right or wrong answer when it come to writing music. i play guitar but i sometimes start writing a song with drum loop that inspire a cool riff or chord progression. then maybe i record a bass or a vocal line. i usually write a lyrics together with vocal line. i dont do lalalala nanan songs. usually.
but as long as you can write a great song i don't think you should worry about the way you write it." - i like that answer a lot. Every time i write a song it seems that the method is different. I often have lyrics in my head that are already part of a melody, and then when i put it to the guitar or keyboard then it really comes to life. And then on to the recording stage. I record everything i write then it can turn into an actual and deeper song with many layers to it. Sometimes i do the opposite by recording drums or a loop first, then bass line, then guitar or keys and lastly vocals if i feel that song needs them. To each there own, as long as it comes from the depths of your creativity and imagination and feels real, not forced or generic.