View post (the computer and my guitar)

View thread

Removed by 165603 via wipe user button 2021-06-09
Removed by 165603 via wipe user button 2021-06-09
09/18/2014 11:40 pm
Originally Posted by: Slipin LizardI can't help you with your specific computer issues, (sorry) but it does make me want to comment about my own experiences with this kind of stuff. I too bought some hardware/software to enable me to plug my guitar into my Mac, play along with backing tracks and record. I had the same kind of issues you're experiencing, and the software based effects always sounded pretty poor.

A few months ago I bought a BOSS JS10 used for $200. Its got built-in effects, and a built-in speaker system... sounds passable through speakers and great through headphones. What I love about it and could not now live without is the ability to walk in to my practice space, and within 10 seconds I can be up & running, playing to a backing track, or working through instructional audio tracks. While there are lots of cool features (the ability to record, great sounding effects, being able to loop-repeat sections that I want to specifically work on, being able to slow them down, change the pitch of a tune etc) its really this instant "plug 'n play" factor that makes it all worthwhile. Its the best practice tool I've ever used. It reads MP3's off of a thumbdrive. I have multiple thumb drives... one that is basically jamtracks and ideas, another that is all my instructional audio. Its very easy to use and to keep organized.

Totally worth checking out and bi-passing all the computer hassle. I get so much mileage out this thing... I cringe when people complain how expensive they are, and then brag about how many guitars they own... I just think there are some really great practice tools available now (the JS10 isn't the only one out there), and people who are struggling with their computer or playing just with an amp & metronome are really missing out.

YUP,I agree,
It seems that we can't do a thing with no software or computer and the bugs they develop
I'm playing Fire & Rain and Stand by me.
I just need more time on being faster with cord changes
BOB LECH

Former member of the 12:00 Oclock Skydiving Team

o