View post (the computer and my guitar)

View thread

JeffS65
JeffS65
09/07/2014 2:08 pm
Originally Posted by: mbliss01
Originally Posted by: thegloorAm I doing something wrong, or is this behavior normal? Would it be any better on a mac?

No. The same complexity, same learning curve.

I know this is an old thread but...

With a Mac, you get Garageband pre-loaded for free. Garageband is very friendly and much easier and understandable for the newby. Also, it is pretty powerful and capable of pro-sounding recordings.

Home recording, when your new. is not super easy no matter what...even though Garageband may not be as robust as Pro-Tools, there is little you can't get out of Garageband that you can't get out of other DAW's and particularly if you are new to it.

I should note that I just picked up a new Mac with the newest version of Garageband. Kinda frustrating...while the interface is cool, apple has sorta of dropped support for third party amp Sims/virtual instruments.

What is loaded with it is great but I have a whole suite of Amplitube stuff that I have to somehow redirect to the old songs I've recorded so far...So if you are an old user of Garageband, beware. If you're new to recording and are getting a Mac, don't worry about it. What's preloaded is pretty cool.