View post (the computer and my guitar)

View thread

thegloor
Full Access
thegloor
Full Access
03/14/2014 1:28 pm
So picked up my guitar again a year ago and as a gadget guy I finally bought a Stealthplug and a M-Audio M-Track to connect my guitar to the Computer over USB.

After installing all the stuff on my PC (don't get me started on the copy protect of pro tools) and downloading tha asio4all driver it 'kinda' works. If I boot my system and directly open Ohm Studio I sometimes get my guitar to be heard in the speakers, but then all the other programms can't use them and are just silent. Most of the time the Computer doesn't 'play' the guitar sound and just roots it back to the M-Track.

While I still can record stuff like this, I can't play the guitar and hear sound from the other programs through the same headphone (poor neighbours and such ;))

So in theory it sounds really cool, you have your amplitube or other programs for effects and you can play along a tutorial or a guitar Pro tab and annoy friends with my poor sounding recordings... But like this it's just half as cool as it could be.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this behavior normal? Would it be any better on a mac?