View post (Perfect Tone)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/12/2014 11:41 pm
Originally Posted by: maggiorSo now instead of feeling inadequate about my playing, I feel like I have something worth sharing and am super enthusiastic about playing.[/quote]
Exactly. This is exactly what I mean. The most satisfaction to be had from playing guitar, & music in general, is by making it your own.

I've known a few guys that have labored for years to sound exactly like their heroes. And some of them have done it! Completely nailed it. And if that is what they wanted, then kudos to them.

As much as I get enjoy learning my heroes licks, I've always gotten a much bigger thrill playing one of my own songs on stage. Or even just playing a blues licks that I thought up & have never heard anywhere else. It's all mine. :)
[QUOTE=maggior]I would still like to play like my heroes one day. Maybe I will, maybe not. If not, that OK, as long as I can continue to improve my style, and as Chris says, blaze my own trail!

Playing guitar, making your own sound, having fun. Who could ask for anything more? :)
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory