View post (Perfect Tone)

View thread

bbzswa777
bbzswa777
03/10/2014 6:55 am
All that makes a lot of sense!

I agree, even if some people don't like too many of Yngwie's songs, you gotta respect his ability. Have you seen the videos of him playing with the New Japan Philharmonic? Like Toccata or Fugue?

But regarding Black Star's chorus, I know what you're saying in having to bend up slow and confidently; I have to make sure I go slow enough in order to hear the full range of the bend.

I also noticed what you're talking about regarding the scalloped fret board in another video. That's the first I've ever heard about it. I guess it would make it so there's less friction when bending? It would be cool to try that out but I'm too scared to do that to any guitar I've spent money on!

Anyway, I guess I'm realizing that learning all about the gear it takes to create certain tones is almost as big of a learning process as learning the guitar itself. Like when you said his sound goes through several amps, I'm not sure how to even go about doing that or what purpose is serves. I guess I'm headed back to the "Gear" section of the forum!

Thanks again for the info.

~Rusty