View post (Define the word sell-out?)

View thread

kingdavid
kingdavid
05/21/2002 9:00 am
Originally posted by educatedfilm
...about relationships...if musicains need to make money, there are plenty of ways to make it out side the main stream.

What is wrong with the mainstream?
Why the requirement to be outside the mainstream?
And what is wrong with talking about relationships?
The way Pony puts it(Joseph,apparently here is another above-average bear,I think)has a point,about doing things to widen your appeal,as opposed to the things you do widening your appeal.
But then again,some things people do,they do it for money.Including having that uniqueness to themselves.When a band is all unsocially fit and all that(crap,I might add),they may be very well hoping to use that image to sell.Then when they make the money and all,and no longer need to put on that rude-boy facade,you say they sold out.They didn't sell out;they never were shareholders.See what Pony says about some band having the impact that suddenly every kid has a head problem,socila problem,blah blah blah?Bands know that too.Record companies know that too.They exploit it.
And don't forget this;people change.Not sell out.Change.if you're 25,I'm willing to bet your thought process is very different than when you were 17.If some change in the persons in a band results in their music changing,it doesn't necessarily mean they sold out.Maybe they did.But not necessarily.