The Future of Pickups

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
03/01/2014 1:51 am
I was cruising through the list of articles at sweetwater.com and came across this;

"At next weekā€™s NAMM show, Fishman will introduce a revolutionary new approach to making pickups with their Fluence system. Fluence pickups donā€™t use wound coils, they use printed layers that work in the same fashion, positioned around magnets. The result is a sonically ā€œidealā€ pickup, with no noise or hum problems. Then, using their years of experience shaping the sound of acoustic guitar pickups, Fishman applies a preamp that recreates the signature of whatever vintage or modern pickup they want ā€” you can even switch sonic profiles for a pickup on the fly to have multiple sounds in the same guitar.

The concept is fascinating, and could mean big changes for the guitar world!"

Going to fishman.com, I found a couple articles about the Fluence pickups, this one a good one; http://www.fishman.com/articles/fishman-fluence-electric-guitar-pickups-unveiled-in-premier-guit
"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 1
JeffS65
JeffS65
03/01/2014 12:30 pm
That is pretty cool.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.