solo tips

kristian
kristian
05/18/2002 2:03 pm
id like to consider myself as a "moody" player. i mean i play based on what i feel on a certain day/practice/jam. some think its cool because i improvise but somtimes my bandmates think its not. the thing is, my solos are different for every practice. it depends on what i feel and what band/artist i was listening to before practice. there are days when i play great solos but i easily forget them. its as though i was in a trance while i executed it. its kinda hard for me to work on solos coz i get bored. but i understand that there's more room to mess up when you dont have a fixed solo run. what should i do? how can i like what i play without getting bored on the next practice?
# 1
Slasher
Slasher
05/18/2002 4:59 pm
Get a stripper in. That would keep my concernatration, probably not on my guitar playin but hey, we all need a lil fun every now n then.
Remember, the chickens that fly will always beat the rubber plants that bounce!
# 2
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/23/2002 10:53 pm
scales scales scales and bends and ho po riffs all combined takes practice and a good ear.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
TheDirt
TheDirt
06/03/2002 9:37 pm
aiwass, I know what you mean about breaking out of patterns and not having technical hindrances for songwriting. I've written some of my most beautiful songs on TablEdit. The only problem I've seen is that I sometimes use chords that are physically impossible to play on guitar!!! Another thing I do is make super-fast runs that I can't play!! Make sure that your songwriting doesn't go beyond your physical limitations as a guitarist...
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.