"Play something else!!!"

mblaide
mblaide
02/14/2014 6:48 pm
Anyone else ever hear that from their spouse/bf/gf ??? My wife says it all the time and I tell her thats the only way I can get better.

Then I showed her a recent issue of Guitar World magazine where Eddie Van Halen's ex-wife would say that to him. He was recording himself playing in his living room at 5am and she is on the recording telling him to play something else.

Is that why she's his ex? jk, lol
# 1
rumbled
rumbled
02/14/2014 8:06 pm
My wife reckons I'm a plonker.
"Are going up there plonking?", she'd say. :eek:
Samick Greg Bennett Royale, Epiphone SG, Tanglewood LP HV58 and Strat copy, Hondo II Professional, Hofner Shorty.
Peavey Vypyr 30 Modeling amp.
# 2
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
02/14/2014 9:37 pm
I've been fortunate in that I schedule my practice sessions so that My Lady doesn't hear much of them...much less than a third.

My Lady's been fortunate too. :)
"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 3
JeffS65
JeffS65
02/15/2014 11:16 am
Originally Posted by: mblaideAnyone else ever hear that from their spouse/bf/gf ??? My wife says it all the time and I tell her thats the only way I can get better.

Then I showed her a recent issue of Guitar World magazine where Eddie Van Halen's ex-wife would say that to him. He was recording himself playing in his living room at 5am and she is on the recording telling him to play something else.

Is that why she's his ex? jk, lol

If she's watching the Olympics and say she likes the figure skating, do you think at any time the skaters were practicing their routines and repeating them over and over to get that triple-axel-toe-loop right, that someone thought it was ok to tell them 'do something else, I'm bored watching you spin'....I bet not.

Repetition is how to perfect it...just sayin'... ;)
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.