View post (Joining a band)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
04/03/2014 7:35 am

I wouldn't quite say my "adventure" is over. There's just not really been any noticeable leaps forward. The music school gig is still scheduled for the end of the month, and I'm going to stick with the lessons until after that gig (unless they postpone it again). Of course, that's provided my teacher doesn't cancel any more lessons due to sickness.

In a way, I'm happy that I have two whole months off. That gives me a lot of time for practicing guitar. And when my hands get too tired to play guitar, I can spend as much time as needed on learning to use my recording software. I'm gonna try and see if I can create just a simple backing track and then try improvising over it. It's not quite as fun as jamming with a real band, but it's better than nothing and this way I won't have to worry about the drummer not keeping a steady tempo :) If things go well, I might even put the recording up on YouTube and give you guys the link so you can listen to it and give feedback :)

I know I also mentioned trying to build my own amp, but that's gonna wait a few days until I get the last parts needed. Right now, I don't think I have a speaker (can probably find an old pair of computer-speakers and take one from those), and I'll also need a bit of wire and I'm waiting for my Breadboard to arrive. Once I get those parts, though, I'll build a small amp for my own use (think some like the Marshall Micro Amps) :)
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...