Fender Cabronita (MIM).

mlambrechts
Full Access
mlambrechts
Full Access
01/20/2014 9:05 pm
I just bought a new Fender Cabronita (not the Custom Shop, the MIM).

Image:
http://www.guitar-planet.co.uk/fender-cabronita-telecaster-mim/

Price: bought it in Europe (Belgium) : prices may vary : new : normally € 599 but read further.

I start with the CONS: first guitar had quality problem; second delivery was damaged; get your stuff together Fender Mexico! No tone control.

PRO: amazing guitar for the money and real stunner. Sounds are tele/gretsch. Want to put a different sound to your "twang", rockabilly,... here you have it. I use it for playing blues, which turns out to be a good idea also.

REVIEW:
The guitar came in a carbon box and was not set up correctly (the scratch plate was partially covering the pickup because it was fixed in the wrong angle). The dealer sent it back and Fender delivered another one, this time it had a small but noticable dent (fissure) in the lacquer of the body. I refused this guitar, but Fender suggested I'd buy it for € 450, and I did (only because the seller is a good friend).

This guitar sounds and plays well, and looks great. I own many more expensive guitars, this is my only one that is not made in USA, but it sure is a hell of an axe. Those "fidel'tron" pickups really sound amazing (if you want, they're easy to swap for TV Jones'); sound like TV Jones/Gretch but still more telecaster, and for a fabulous price.

It has only one knob and a pickup switcher, no tone control. But in the end you get the sounds that you want.

I would recommend this guitar for people that would like a different kind of tele or alternative for a cheap Gretch. For the money, you can't go wrong. But check your product in the store before you buy (dents, scratches, setup,...).
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.