View post (Ha Ha! (signature late great SRV call))

View thread

pattyb5
pattyb5
01/05/2014 3:11 pm
Originally Posted by: BBMACThis site is fantastic! Back in the day, I'm 51 now, 'learn't songs by ear, no one showed me quite how (I'm so hard done by). 'Always found, (and lost...a love that was true) and I still do, that the bridge of the tune was the toughest to do. I spun the vinyl, again and again, listened for pull-offs and hammerons, whole, whole and a half step bends. OK, that's enough rhyming...don't want to offend anyone...it's awesome to be a guitartricks member...you guys (and gals...is that politically correct, I'm not sure these days...I'm a real old-timer) can actually really play! Cool, awesome, mind-blowing, freakin' eh! (I never meant to...) Favorite musical era: last six-hundred years (modern music); song; Bell-bottom blues..."I don't wanna fade away..." not until I can play some wicked, bad-ass, smokin' hot guitar first...then I'll audition for the band in the sky. Thanks dudes (ettes).
P.S. love the humour too..."guitar chicks"...that is very funny.

Yea, I hear ya man. I'm a bit younger than you but I started the same way. "kids" today have no idea how it was back in the day. If I would have a site like this (and other material/instruction of today), there is no telling how good I'd be. lol at least that is my story. I used to do the old rewind thing with cassettes. back and forth back and forth. I guess it was good training but it sure is nice to have video, tab, the ability to slow down, loops, backing tracks, etc. no excuses not to become a good player if you are willing to put in the time. IMO This site is great. the way that it presents the material/quality is better than other sites I've checked out. and there is a lot of good stuff out there.

Rock on!