View post (Very Fast,)

View thread

01/14/2014 12:23 pm
Originally Posted by: fretsmithHey Guys- My point missed it's mark. I totally agree everyone should have their own view and preferences on any art form. I was trying to say, as diplomatically as possible, is that if someone produces a video and calls it "super fast guitar playing" it's probably not fair to watch it and then say you're not impressed ... because it was fast .. and you don't like fast. It was advertised as "fast" ... and it delivered, as advertised. It also seemed like some didn't know it was an actual song, a classical composition ... not just scales or repetitive riffs.
I don't play/listen to ANY speed metal. None. Just like it's OK to have a personal preference in music - it's also OK to tip your hat to someone who excels in a genre outside your personal preference. Ya think Zakk Wylde would listen to a Brad Paisley record and go "I'm not impressed" ? Peace.

Yeah your right I didn't know it was an actual song or classical composition.as u call it.i have nothin against shreddrers,I knew what I was gonna watch and it didn't impress me.u can refer to my name axe2 rather then some.peace.