View post (Very Fast,)

View thread

Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
01/09/2014 10:36 pm
I don't really get your point fretsmith... everyone one is entitled to their own opinion. You were impressed by the video. Great! That's awesome that it does something for you. It doesn't for me. It seems like you're struggling with the notion that people were not impressed by the speed shredding video. I don't really know why. For me, I do not understand the "faster is good" and "the faster the better" or "the faster the more impressive" mentality. I don't find the video inspiring. After the first round, I cannot distinguish one note from another. For me at least, its just noise. I'd be no more impressed listening to someone play a harp or flute so fast that I couldn't distinguish one note from another, and really be able to tell if they were hitting every note correctly. I don't understand the "shredding is impressive" thing. In the end, I feel its all about making music and connecting with the listener, not the sheer technical aspect that could be (and has been) played by a robot. Buts that's just me. If expressing that opinion bothers you, you'll just have to reconcile yourself with that. It doesn't bother me that you, or others, are impressed by the video. Different strokes for different folks.