Van Hallen Did Not Invent Tappin,wacth

12/11/2013 3:26 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IctNNhH-kRY
# 1
darke812
darke812
12/30/2013 7:20 pm
I'm not sure I'm following your thought process? This looks more like a promotion for a pick clip than anything to do with who invented tapping. And this guy was 8 years old when Eddie recorded his first album with Van Halen, let alone when they formed Geneisys is 1972.

BTW, it's Van Halen, with one L.
# 2
Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
12/31/2013 3:18 am
Originally Posted by: darke812

He's not talking about Van Halen, but "Van Hallen", a little known Norwegian band (one member was from Finland) that had a brief hit "Inytuyok fer Dra", which loosely translated means "Check this Out" or "Check it Out", depending on which dialect you prefer. In 2002, the lead guitarist Steinar Teloch, made a small stir when he claimed to have invented finger-tapping, or, more accurately, claimed his family did. In the 02 June issue of Guitar Slayer, a fledgling Denmark based guitar magazine, Teloch said "my Papa and I would be out trapping, and when we got home, we'd sit in front of the fire and play guitar. Before we could start playing we would warm up our fingers by [tapping them on the fretboard]." Teloch maintains that his father cultivated the idea of actually playing notes by using fingertapping. He has of course been dismissed by the world guitar community, though there are a few fanatics that surface from time to time...
# 3
JeffS65
JeffS65
01/02/2014 7:59 pm
Originally Posted by: Slipin LizardHe's not talking about Van Halen, but "Van Hallen", a little known Norwegian band (one member was from Finland) that had a brief hit "Inytuyok fer Dra", which loosely translated means "Check this Out" or "Check it Out", depending on which dialect you prefer. In 2002, the lead guitarist Steinar Teloch, made a small stir when he claimed to have invented finger-tapping, or, more accurately, claimed his family did. In the 02 June issue of Guitar Slayer, a fledgling Denmark based guitar magazine, Teloch said "my Papa and I would be out trapping, and when we got home, we'd sit in front of the fire and play guitar. Before we could start playing we would warm up our fingers by [tapping them on the fretboard]." Teloch maintains that his father cultivated the idea of actually playing notes by using fingertapping. He has of course been dismissed by the world guitar community, though there are a few fanatics that surface from time to time...

I chuckled...
# 4

01/14/2014 10:52 am
Thatz right slip u got it. U hit the nail on the head .
# 5

01/14/2014 10:55 am
Originally Posted by: darke812I'm not sure I'm following your thought process? This looks more like a promotion for a pick clip than anything to do with who invented tapping. And this guy was 8 years old when Eddie recorded his first album with Van Halen, let alone when they formed Geneisys is 1972.

If you know why are you asking anyway.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.