View post (Rocksmith 2014)

View thread

hmmike
hmmike
12/20/2013 6:38 pm
I'm 65 years old and have been playing guitar for almost 4 years now. I saw some ads for RS 2014 and took a chance. I personally think it's miracle software. There are many things to do .. Learn a Song, Play Learning Games, multiplayer option, Jam Session, Lessons ... etc. I have three profiles.. Lead, Rhythm, and Bass. I typically start with rhythm and attack 4 or 5 songs that I have been working on, then do lead, then bass - rinse, repeat. Of course, I also take the time to visit Guitar Tricks and and attack the songs and lessons there. Nothing is better than a session with Anders!!

RS lets you slow down a song (or any part of it), and decrease or increase its difficulty level. RS will automatically increase the difficulty as it senses your progress.

I will never play in a band, doubtful that I will even ever play with another human. There is just something about RS that makes me feel like I am actually playing with a band and for some reason I can actually hear how what I am playing fits into the song. By scoring your achievements, it shows you how sloppy you really are!

Yes, there are flaws with the simulation (RS is not a game!) that I wish they would fix; but all in all, for me, I am having the most fun that I have had since I started playing a guitar. Imagine a 65 year old man head banging to Iron Maiden's Trooper!!!!