View post (Rocksmith 2014)

View thread

Terranaut
Terranaut
11/29/2013 9:44 pm
Originally Posted by: john of MTFrom my casual look at Rocksmith I think you have a valid point. Certainly anyone who thinks GT's song list is limited will probably be disappointed with Rocksmith.

Their website lists songs included with the 2014 game and the genres are Classic Rock, Rock, Hard Rock, Alternative Rock, Garage Rock, Instrumental Rock, Metal, Grunge, Punk, Pop Punk and Indie (lots of Indie). More songs are available for paid download but they seem to fit in those genres as well. What is clear is that the first two, maybe the first three decades of Rock & Roll, no matter what genre, are pretty much ignored...along with all the other genres not represented.

That's OK if that's your thing or if your age slants you that way. But if learning songs from Rocksmith is a main attraction to the game then one should be aware of the slant.

Maybe what we need is a 'young' Rocksmith and an 'old' Rocksmith. :D

Thanks. That's helpful. I'm glad I was born when I was to experience those first waves where it all had to be invented and the belief was it had to be good to be successful. Then Led Zeppelin proved otherwise. Hahaha. And it's been all downhill from there (except for the bright lights of the "new wave"--i.e. The Clash, XTC, TAlking Heads, Elvis Costello, The Police et al). I like some of Nirvana and Oasis and love most of Alanis Morissette but the last 20 years were nothing like the 20 before that when I was "of age".