View post (Mixing Monitors Placement)

View thread

Chris Radke
Chris Radke
11/23/2013 6:43 am
This topic may be a bit ahead ahead of itself as I don't not currently have a y monitors, but I will need a pair soon. I was looking at the Yamaha HS50M's as I seen those brought up and talked up here, and I did some research on them and they look pretty good for now, not a bad price either. Yeah, in the final mix, you'd wanna test the tracks of everything you can think of. I just wanted to get a little ahead in preparation to our demo completion. As my desk is right now, it's in the upper left corner of my living room/band room/studio whatever lol So I'd have to move the desk from the wall just a bit maybe and have the speakers on stands, there isn't a whole lot of space. But I could probably manage that, stands aren't an uncommon thing... I think I suppose it's just a lot of tuning, adjusting, fine tuning, and fine adjusting until, like you say, I "swear that any audio that was set to center seemed to be coming right out of the wall in front of me in between the speakers." Getting that sweet spot. I just wanted to fill in the little gaps. I like to have a solid plan ya know?
Thanks for the insight, much appreciated!