View post (Whats your poison?)

View thread

James8831
James8831
05/09/2002 3:44 pm
Originally posted by lalimacefolle
I can see that he is holding a majijuana cigarette (what's the name of those in english?) so I tell him that I don't (actually, I don't even smoke cigarettes). After a while we go back to jam on other standards, well, after a couple of drinks actually, and the guy started to sound like ****. He even got real mad because the drummer screwed up a little on the tempo, and he just left the stage, to start dancing on the floor, amidst the public.

So here's my contribution. Alcohol is a drug, tobacco is a drug, majijuana is a drug. It screws up your playing and/or your singing. I think the rock and roll attitude sucks, since all the guys I see having this attitude don't get the jobs playing rock and roll. I live a clean life, and I'm a pro musician, and I'm planning on doing it for a long time.

You can call 'em Joints,reefer..etc,etc.. and I gave all that shhit up because of .. similar reasons to what you state above.

I disagree with the cigarettes screwing you up..obviously except for long term damage AND I IN NO WAY ADVOCATE OR PROMOTE SMOKING..I like a beer and a cig.but would never play when i'd had a skinful.. except for jamming when it can ease some tensions ..you're quite right it's unprofessional..even if i am an amateur..afterwards a few lagers can help the female situation, but it depends on an individual situation ..sometimes one feels like a drink sometimes not.

Even the few jams i had stoned were fecked up because we'd get stuck in the same chord sequence..endlessly.
Accuracy,you say? hmm interesting concept..