View post (Whats your poison?)

View thread

lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
05/09/2002 3:22 pm
Yesterday, I jammed with a guy that sounded EXACTLY like the young Joe COCKER. It was amazing. We played some of his standards, and the audience enjoyed the thing.
After a while, he comes up to me and asks me if I smoke. I can see that he is holding a majijuana cigarette (what's the name of those in english?) so I tell him that I don't (actually, I don't even smoke cigarettes). After a while we go back to jam on other standards, well, after a couple of drinks actually, and the guy started to sound like ****. He even got real mad because the drummer screwed up a little on the tempo, and he just left the stage, to start dancing on the floor, amidst the public.

So here's my contribution. Alcohol is a drug, tobacco is a drug, majijuana is a drug. It screws up your playing and/or your singing. I think the rock and roll attitude sucks, since all the guys I see having this attitude don't get the jobs playing rock and roll. I live a clean life, and I'm a pro musician, and I'm planning on doing it for a long time.