View post (Whats your poison?)

View thread

Blaksmith
Blaksmith
05/09/2002 1:28 am
You know when you've just finished a gig, whether it be in a bar, club, arena, staduim(you never know! one day maybe)

AND you REALLY need a drink? That is a tough one.... I mean, I guess the show is over and the work is done? I already know what I screwed up in the show, what worked with the audience and what stiffed, because I am way more polished than I need to be...

O.K., I am being an ass... What I am trying to say is that you have done the show. Time to go over it with the band and see if there are any things that need attention... Look at what worked and where people got up to go to the bar because they were bored. Set structure, lights, equalization... any thing that will get them back next time.

JD will always be there. Have some water to start, get re-hydrated... grab a shower and meet the groupies when you don't smell like a goat. Get your ass home safe 'cause the limo broke down (it could happen) and have a couple of drinks within stumbling distance of the bed.

Are you just dreaming or are you a serious player? Slasher, it's the music and the show. Booze is secondary... work out the show, there is plenty of time for JD when you are rich and famous. ( It CAN happen)

:D