help me please!!!

zepp_rules
zepp_rules
05/07/2002 3:20 pm
i'm building a guitar for a physic project, however, we're not allowed to use any materials designed for a guitar. so my question is what can i use to make sound instead of guitar strings. this is the key to my project, please help.
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 1
James8831
James8831
05/07/2002 6:45 pm
that's one tough mother of an assignment.. have you tried fishing line of various gauges..it seems to resemble nylon stings somewhat..if i remember correctly the really old blues guys used baling wires and that's what the first unwound strings were made of ..Good Luck, anyway..
Accuracy,you say? hmm interesting concept..
# 2
kimbob
kimbob
05/08/2002 7:58 am
Zepp,
Fishing line is a good idea for the lighter strings, and you might want to try something like cable used for bicycle brakes, motorcycle throttles, clutch cables etc. It comes in assorted gauges and might work for the heavier strings and maybe even the lighter stings if you can find it light enough. Go to your neighborhood bike shop and check it out. Good luck and let us know how you make out on this curious project. You've sparked my interest.
Kimbob
"Let that boy Boogie Woogie. Cause' it in em' and it got to come out." -John Lee Hooker-
There's no substitute for expeience. So get out there and break some strings on stage.
# 3
Barreta_jetstream1
Barreta_jetstream1
05/11/2002 6:06 pm
i heard that when the beatles were starting out they used to cut strings out of a piano as replacments coz they were so skint. u could try that, or isn't it allowed?
Tandem Felix
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.