View post (Online Guitar Stores)

View thread

Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
10/14/2013 4:05 am
I ordered a Gibson Les Paul Traditional from Sweetwater. It was a gorgeous guitar, was shipped very well packed. Looked great, played great but had two bum notes on the high E string. I tried everything I could to solve the problem, but no dice. Sent it back to Sweetwater, and their techs took a look at it for me. The only hiccup in this process is that I got a call from Sweetwater saying the guitar was "fixed" and being prepped to be shipped back to me. I asked the person calling what the problem was, and they said they didn't know, that the tech had just said the guitar was good to go. I ended up talking to the main tech guy, who said he would make sure the problem had been solved (I made a phone video of the problem, and posted it online for them to see, which really helped). Turns out the guitar had just been given a "going over" and the problem, sadly, had not been solved. They felt it was a sympathetic harmonic and couldn't be resolved.

At no time did they ever question that there was an issue with the guitar. None of this "sounds fine to me bud..." stuff you sometimes get with shops or whatever. Their main tech guy watched the video and checked the guitar, and completely acknowledged there was an issue. They provided me with a complete refund. I didn't pay for anything... shipping, return, nothing. They were very well organized other than the slight mis-communication about the problem being solved. I still cry when I think of how sweet that guitar was.