Digitech RP1000

The Mando
The Mando
09/12/2013 10:21 pm
Is there a data base of settings to get specific accurate sounds of popular bands for this unit? I'm NOT tech savvy...and new to "effects pedals"... so a spread sheet or some patches or something?.... would be nice.

Thanks!
# 1
IzzyPhoreal
IzzyPhoreal
09/12/2013 10:58 pm
Originally Posted by: The MandoIs there a data base of settings to get specific accurate sounds of popular bands for this unit? I'm NOT tech savvy...and new to "effects pedals"... so a spread sheet or some patches or something?.... would be nice.

Thanks!

There are presets you can download from the Digitech site. Follow the link below, and go to the bottom right of the page. You will find a list of presets you can download.

You save them to a folder on your computer, then using X-Edit software, you can install them on your RP-1000. If you need more info on how to do this, just let me know.

Izzy

http://www.digitech.com/en-US/products/rp1000
# 2
The Mando
The Mando
09/13/2013 5:08 pm
Very cool...THANKS!
# 3
IzzyPhoreal
IzzyPhoreal
09/13/2013 8:51 pm
Originally Posted by: The MandoVery cool...THANKS!

My pleasure. What can be a lot of fun as well is to make your custom presets. If you find this too daunting at first, just open an existing preset and modify it to your heart`s content. Just don`t forget to save it when you are done (under a different name if you don`t want to overwrite the original).

1. Change settings until you get the sound you want

2. Save it to your computer.

3. Store the preset to a preset location on the RP-1000

Have fun!

Izzy
# 4
Keninoz
Keninoz
08/26/2014 3:05 am
I bought my RP 1000 a couple of years ago. I'd now like to install some of the downloadable patches from the Digitech site but I've forgotten how to do it & how to get the patched from my Mac onto the RP1000.

I've also mislaid the software etc.

Any advice about how to do this & where to get a copy of the software etc would be appreciated!
# 5
bbzswa777
bbzswa777
08/27/2014 4:05 am
Are there any advantages to buying separate effect pedals rather than an all-in-one unit like this?
# 6
lysergicsd
lysergicsd
07/07/2016 5:15 am

Originally Posted by: bbzswa777Are there any advantages to buying separate effect pedals rather than an all-in-one unit like this?

there are pros and cons to each.
real pedals tend to sound better and are easy to adjust because you have the knobs there infront of you. and its kind of fun/ adictive buying selling and tradeing them. handleing a large pedal chain can become a bit of a hassle after a while,and you find yourself starting to tap dance between songs keeping up with power needs pedal boards and patch cables ect..
they do make controllers that make life easyer but that just adds to the expence.

multi fx units tend to be alot cheeper in the long run but the trade off is they tend to not sound as good as the real thing but most non guitar players would not pick up on it. after a bit of a learning curve they can make life easy by switching several effects at one step.BUT you could spend a month in your practice space setting up all your presets and banks to sound just right only to find out they sound rotten at a gig and you spend half the night trying to sort out a fair tone. they are good for trying out sounds you may want but arnt ready to spend the money on.
my set up is 12 stomp boxes and a multi fx unit i justtry to mix and match whati need and make it work some how its not allways easy.
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.