Help a Poor Boy Out

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
09/01/2013 8:00 pm
Help this poor boy out and; 1) tell me who wrote the article, "Under the Influence: Your Brain on Music" for the August 30 newsletter and, 2) how to search for more such (or any) articles. Ya' know...maybe it's just me but I find the GT search engine to be at the bottom when listing good things about GT. ;)

Anyhoo...I'm a little geeky and have long been fascinated by the psychology of music as shown by my own half-dozen posts on the subject including an earlier August post with a similar title. For me, the subject is interesting and sometimes helps to explain why my own playing skills come so slowly while also offering hope for continued improvement.

So...thanks to the author of the above. It was great!
"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 1
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
09/03/2013 7:58 pm
Hi John,
Glad you liked the article. That was our own wildwoman1313.

We need to update the blog so it shows the byline you and you don't have to ask...I'll put that on the todo list.

Interesting comment about the search engine. It only searches lessons. I'll have to think about how to make it search more places.
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
09/03/2013 8:01 pm
Thanks, Jon. I had a suspicion it was her...her articles are top notch!
"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.