Helping a friend who's a new guitar player

jugglerj007
jugglerj007
08/24/2013 2:34 pm
Hey everyone, recently a good friend of mine asked me to help her find an affordable electric guitar for her husband who is still fairly new to the instrument. We haven't gone out looking yet, but I recommended she start pricing some Squires, Epiphones, and Ibanez electrics. She has to get an amp too so I don't think she'd want to spend over $200 on the guitar. Her husband is into Ben Folds, Weezer, The White Stripes, and Saves The Day.

My trouble is not in helping her find the right priced guitar, but the right style guitar (single coil, humbucking, solid or hollow), for the type of music he likes. Right now I'm leaning towards something with humbuckers or something with single coils and a humbucker at the bridge. I've been playing for 15yrs myself, but never got into the style of music he's into so I'm doing the best I can. I'm open for any other ideas.
# 1
fuzzb0x
fuzzb0x
08/25/2013 10:15 am
maybe have a look at a Squier Affinity Stratocaster with humbuckers and single coil pickups ? they do a model with a humbucker at the bridge and single coils at centre and neck
http://www.fender.com/en-GB/squier/series/affinity/affinity-stratocaster-hss-rosewood-fingerboard-black/
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.