Any full time musicians out there?


David Portelli
Registered User
Joined: 08/12/13
Posts: 31
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you are full time musicians out there. If the answer is yes then I would love to ask for some help and advice :)

Thanks,

Dave
# 1
cammodore
Registered User
Joined: 04/14/06
Posts: 2
Hey Dave,

Music takes up a pretty substantial amount of my week between three bands so I guess I would consider it full time. A Covers act generates income if this is what you are looking for. Shoot your questions up on the forum, I am sure there are plenty of people on here who can help you :D

Cam
# 2
fdeets88
Registered User
Joined: 11/07/14
Posts: 9
I am also a full time musician so contact me anytime.
# 3
bearknucklemma
Registered User
Joined: 10/11/14
Posts: 2
I am playing full time. 6 nights a week (mostly solo cover gigs) if I'm at home (Southeast US). 3-4 tours a year at averaging 5 shows per week (slower on winter tour). I have a crazy original acoustic solo act (Which I tend to sneak into my cover gigs when appropriate), a bluesy rock band (originals), a fun cover band, and I might be touring with a established hard rock band starting in february (still workin on the details). I'm very happy, lucky, and grateful to be able to get the bills paid doin what I love. That's all I ever wanted.
# 4
Jure G
Registered User
Joined: 12/16/14
Posts: 28
Hi guys, i'm all in music as well. fire you're questions :)
# 5
TheDukeWestern
Registered User
Joined: 07/03/07
Posts: 7
I am a full time musician and sound tech.
# 6
Patri_MA_Ruiz
Registered User
Joined: 10/27/17
Posts: 10

I wish I was a full time musician already! Also I got some questions related to this, if I might post them here. :)

Do you think you have to be in many bands to actually earn a sustainable income?


# 7
Mox Freeman
Registered User
Joined: 11/25/17
Posts: 10

I am taking the plunge and moving towards generating the majority of my income from original music sales and performances. I've been floating for a lot of years, and now with dedication and persitence I am gaining traction.

I am interested to see your questions


# 8
winryember
Registered User
Joined: 02/02/17
Posts: 23
Originally Posted by: bearknucklemmaI am playing full time. 6 nights a week (mostly solo cover gigs) if I'm at home (Southeast US). 3-4 tours a year at averaging 5 shows per week (slower on winter tour). I have a crazy original acoustic solo act (Which I tend to sneak into my cover gigs when appropriate), a bluesy rock band (originals), a fun cover band, and I might be touring with a established hard rock band starting in february (still workin on the details). I'm very happy, lucky, and grateful to be able to get the bills paid doin what I love. That's all I ever wanted.

What a wild schedule!!! That's awesome.


# 9
Whune
Registered User
Joined: 10/16/09
Posts: 204

I've got a question for the those in working bands:

What do you look for in musicians for your band/s?


# 10
Bronski77
Registered User
Joined: 06/29/18
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by: Whune

I've got a question for the those in working bands:

What do you look for in musicians for your band/s?

The thread is old enough, but hope I am still able to help. I am full time musician playing in indie and folk project. When musician are looking for new member for his band, first of all he wants to find someone possesing similar worldview and ideas.

Sometimes this condition is even more important than music skills.

As for author of this thread, I would like to ask: what exactrly are you looking for when you are searching for full time musicians? Some collaboration ideas/suggestions?

And don't hesitate to check myFreesound samples and articles about different music gears like here about bluetooth speakers. I am always open for all music collaboration.


# 11
travislangevin
Registered User
Joined: 07/14/18
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by: Whune

I've got a question for the those in working bands:

What do you look for in musicians for your band/s?

Professionalism, Availability and Work ethic. If they are drinking or high at Auditions or Practice, chances are they wont help elevate you

# 12
Maximilian Paintner
Registered User
Joined: 03/19/22
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by: David PortelliHi,[br][br]I was wondering if any of you are full time musicians out there. If the answer is yes then I would love to ask for some help and advice :)[br][br]Thanks,[br][br]Dave

I aim to be one :D

But I don´t know whether I can help you or not.


# 14