Heeeeelp!!!

lowqui
lowqui
05/02/2002 11:30 am
hey, I'm in a bit of troube with my songwiring, it's not that I can't write songs it's just that I hate what I've written a few days later when I go back to it, it's not the music it's the lyrics, I try to write stuff that's personal to me and at the time it all sounds great but a small amount of time later I hate what I've written and therein lies the problem, any hints on good structures or melodies/subjects for songs would be greatly appreciated, cheers
# 1

05/02/2002 2:17 pm

The first thing I do is find a subject, personal or not.

Then I write down any word that comes to mind when thinking of that subject.

I organise them to get small groups of riming words. Then try to write phrases with them.

It's kinda mathematical but it works for me.

Exemple :

Subject : How time goes by too quickly

Words : Hourglass, past, futur, present, time...

phrases : As I look in the hourglass, and reflect on my past. Seeing how fast I'm loosing track of time, I need to embrace the present and make it mine.

they kinda sucks at first but A little more work could turn these phrases into good lyrics.

Anyway, breaks over, got to go

# 2

05/02/2002 4:23 pm

Lunch time!

the exemple above was actually an exercise we used to do in my french class back in high school. It's called a "chant lexical" or something like that.

Who would of taught that my french class would help me in music!
# 3
6 string madness
6 string madness
05/06/2002 10:09 am
thats a pretty good lil example, think ill try n use it (the structure i mean, not the lyrics :P)
Can someone plz help me wit tapping? I could really use a mentor...
yahoo: emceeguy3422
AIM: emceguy3422
email: emceeguy3422@yahoo.co.uk
~Thanx~
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.