New memer/ JCM 2000

Bodomchild
Bodomchild
04/30/2002 12:17 am
First off, I'd like to introduce myself. I've been playing a few years now but am no Paul Gilbert(my personal fav)I enjoy almost all types of music- rock blues jazz but prefer metal.Some bands I like are In Flames, Children of bodom and Iced Earth.Favorite solo is off In Flames' CD Jester Race "December flower" done by Fredrik Johansson-well worth checking out.Withot further adue I'll get to the point.What do you think of the new line of Marshall JCM 2000s?I was talking to my bass player about getting a new head and mentioned Marshall. He said "whatever you do ,don't get the 2000." Well guess what I bought it anyway because it blew away the 900.At the next practise I didn't say anything and when he heard it, he goes "holy s@#&*! that kicks ass!what did you get?"Hmmm........
# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
04/30/2002 1:05 am
Reminds me of a song I wrote...

My brother heard me working on it one day and told me it sounded like crap. Soon after, after school had started and I was working on it with a full band in music class, he asks me "hey what's that song you were working on?"

"Remember that one you told me sounded like crap a couple of weeks ago?"

"Yeah..."

"Same song."
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Bodomchild
Bodomchild
04/30/2002 1:25 am
Nothing like a little sweet justice...Dig that spelling mistake in my first thread! Hence the term "If it isn't one thing, it's another!"
# 3
kingdavid
kingdavid
04/30/2002 6:41 am
Bodom,wellcome to the forum.
About what people say about anything,if you ask me,make somebody say the reason why they say what they say.
For instance,the 2000 sucks.
WHY?
That song Kalashnikov wrote sucks.
WHY?
I have a feeling that guy doesn't know how exactly to define a good amp.If you asked him,my bet is he'd give you so vague an answer,you might as well not have asked.
I also have afeeling Kalashnikovs bro doesn't know a whole lot about song writing.
*Shrug*
# 4
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
04/30/2002 11:40 am
Yeah he does; he's actually a pretty good song writer when he feels like it. He was originally going by just the guitar part. I was writing for an entire band which he realized after I pointed it out to him.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5

04/30/2002 4:47 pm

I don't know anything about amps, but I just wanted to point out that your choice in music is quite good!

In Flames are really a band that stands out. Whoracle is my favorite album.

Iced earth are good too, "Watching over me" is an amazing song.

Well I'll leave you to the amps experts
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.