View post (Gig Set Up)

View thread

Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
06/20/2013 2:20 am
You should go with whichever method, or combination of methods, gives you the best sound you like for whatever you are playing.

The SuperChamp XD has 2 channels, correct? I use a two channel Traynor and use the pedals on both clean and drive channels, depending on what I'm playing. (I also happen to have a VibroChamp XD, and I am a super fan of both the 'Champ XD's :) )

Anyway, maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I set my amp channels to be as I like them sans pedals (maybe a little less drive than if I wasn't using pedals). Then, I have a ton of tones from my toe tips hehe.

Once the amp channels are set up, drive on 5 or 6, I use for the most part, a compressor, which I find adds it's own drive, a TS808 at about 12:00 with a slightly boosted volume, and a PlexiDrive with drive at about 2:00 leveled with the amp. Plus the boost on the amp. Sometimes all at once :D

On stage or off. If it don't sound good, blame the sound guy ;)

p.s. Jammed with a really great guitar player before, he's one of those 'perfesionals' and he happens to use a SuperChamp XD for all his gigs. Just thought I'd mention that. :)
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.