View post (Charlie Hunter)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/01/2002 1:30 am
His version of Come As You Are is my favorite cover of that song. It's actually the only Nirvana cover I think is worth listening to. He throws you for a loop though; if you aren't looking at the track name while it's playing you'll think it's something else first.

Also check out No Woman, No Cry and Them Belly Full (from his cover of Natty Dread), Greasy Granny, Fist Full of Haggis, anything off of Ready... Set... Shango!, Elbo Room is a cool tune as well. I downloaded Chope's Badass Groove from his site, and it was WELL worth the 20+ meg download. Now, I don't own any of these on CD (so my titles may be off), but when I saw him live Freak Fest and 20th Congress were really big standouts. He also played a mellow song that I wish I knew the title off. That one featured some two hand tapping WHILE holding down the bass groove.

Absolutely friggin' sick.

As for a crossover - his guitars have seperate bass and guitar pickups, controls, and outputs. He just plugs the bass part directly into a bass amp, and the guitar into his pedal board, then to his guitar amp.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons