View post (15 years Guitar Tricks! What's your favorite memory?)

View thread

JJ90
JJ90
05/19/2013 11:26 pm
Hey everyone,

Just a few days I ago I received the GT-newsletter saying that GT marked it's 15th anniversary! So I went to the forum, thinking I would see some kind of happy anniversary topic. But not seeing this kind of topic I thought it would be a nice idea to start a topic on this because:

15 years of awesomeness CAN NOT GO UNNOTICED!

So happy anniversary guys!

My question to you is: What is your favorite memory with Guitar Tricks?

I'll start off with mine. A few years back I was searching for some guitar lessons on Youtube to help me remember the notes on the fretboard. I came across a video with a bald dude in it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH_5EywDauU

Yep you guessed it. It was mister Neal Walter. Soon after watching the lesson I subscribed to the channel, being unaware of the huge website behind it. I somehow didn't even now about it excisting. Following along with some lesson one popped up in my subscriber box:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD8-Y743ekw

Learning the awesome riff in the lesson, I placed a comment under the video saying how awesome it actually was. A few days later I was excited to see that Neal actually replied to my comment. This put such a huge smile on my face.

After leaving more and more comments on new videos Neal and I became friends (or so I would like to think, lol). After a while I learned of this website's excistance and signed up for a free basic membership. I surfed around on this forum and found it a great place with lots of positive vibes. Being taught privately at the time I didn't have the time or money to actually sign up to the website, but the idea was really appealing. After a while I decided that I didn't learn enough at the guitar lessons my teacher provided me with, so I quit. Somehow he couldn't help me break down that wall.

A year ago I finally signed up and went full access and haven't regretted it ever since. I followed courses of the core learning system and learned loads in the process. Even as an intermediate player I have become a much better and more versatile player. I still keep learning more and more.

One of the greatest achievements recently is that I finally was able to play Little Wing by Jimi Hendrix through Anders' lesson.

So thank you Jon, Neal and every other instructor (old and new) and staff member for the amazing experience this is!

For everyone who didn't want to read my story: My question to you is: What is your favorite memory with Guitar Tricks?

Happy anniversary!

JJ