View post (A few questions)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
05/20/2013 6:02 pm
Well, I'm getting further into the project of writing my own song (though I doubt it's gonna be an award-winner). I've got the rhythm for the intro and the verses (and bridge-parts between chorus and verses) down, as well as the lead-guitar parts for the intro, and today, I started to look into another aspect of the process, so I don't rush the melodic side too much.

I've slowly begun working on the lyrics, and started by looking into my own past to gather ideas that way. I sat for a few minutes and simply thought "what single event has affected me the most?", and soon, the answer was pretty clear to me. So after a bit of self-exploration and excavation of repressed memories, I started to write the lyrics, and after about 30 seconds, I had 6 lines for the first verse. Sure, the theme isn't going to be love for someone of the opposite gender, as is the case with the vast majority of all Ballads I've ever heard (both Rock and Pop Ballads, that is), but rather the pain and sorrow felt after losing a loved one, which is what's had the biggest impact on me in the last 5 years (and I think everyone can relate to it in some way or another).

So in other words, I now have a theme, a part of the lyrics and a small portion of the guitar-side of this song. Where's it gonna end up? I don't know yet, but hopefully it'll be good enough to play and sing for others and post on the internet.
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...