View post (A few questions)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
05/18/2013 6:10 am
Originally Posted by: haghj500Kasperow,

I read in another thread today you were playing lead and you played something almost like a lead in another song. It seems it just came out of you. Very Cool moment, hope you have Many more. I think song writing is a lot like that, it needs to just come out of you.

It’s hard to do as most people have been taught to keep stuff inside most of their life. That’s why when you did that you felt some sort of jolt or rush in your body. It was thinking I just messed up and let something go.

Yeah, I just checked the tabs for the riff I was talking about in that thread, and my version wasn't identical to that, but it was still close enough to sound similar (I believe this is what they call "making a riff your own"). I've already done this once before with a solo, that also only sounds similar enough to the song it's from, without being an exact copy.

I'm not 100% sure if this is the best way to proceed with my experiment, but I'm thinking of recording the rhythm-parts I have and then try to make some Lead Guitar lines to go with it.

I should probably also consider writing down the tabs for this, just so I can learn to play it again, should I forget how to play it... Or so I can teach other people how to play it, when I become a better guitarist.
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...