View post (Is instrumental guitar a viable genre?)

View thread

RandyEllefson
RandyEllefson
05/26/2013 12:02 am
BTW an elephant in the room is something that no one wants to say, right? In a way you're admitting no one is saying that to me, and in fact no one else responding to this thread has. That doesn't mean they aren't thinking it - just that people won't say stuff like that as a general rule.

And that's why I appreciate you doing so (whether I agree or not is my business).

So what are people to do but carry on? And believe in what you're doing, while doing your best?

If you've ever done original music, you might have encountered this lack of meaningful feedback. I've talked with other musicians about that, and most have experienced it and don't like it. It comes with the territory and is a whole subject by itself.

One of the points I might've neglected to make somewhere is that, aside from the Big Three, the only instrumental guitarists I ever heard discussed (this was years back) were being discussed for their speed, etc., which is what I was getting at in the blog. That's all.
Like riffs? Melody? Shred? Free mp3s? Acoustic guitars galore? Download tunes from my new acoustic album, classical guitar album, or hard rock albums at www.randyellefson.com