View post (Is instrumental guitar a viable genre?)

View thread

RandyEllefson
RandyEllefson
05/25/2013 10:27 pm
Thanks for clarifying.

I appreciate the feedback (positive and negative) because that's something I seldom get. What you suggested as hubris is nothing more than a lack of negative feedback, no feedback at all, or positive feedback, combined with me doing my best 24/7, being very self-critical, but in the end believing in what I'm doing. (I'm not sure why people always go for someone's ego as the explanation.)

I envy those with support that way because every artist needs detailed feedback to improve.

My focus is the music, not my guitar playing. Okay, I feel like I have to correct a bunch of words you've put in my mouth. But I'm not going to spend much time on that. I did not dismiss Satch. I have no interest in showing off. And everyone does have their opinion - that's just a fact and pretending otherwise isn't honest. You're assuming I'm dismissing feedback like yours (because of my ego, of course) when in reality I have not received that feedback.

"The Key" video is only on that blog because it's the most recent one I did, not to say "look how melodic I am". Maybe I should've chosen something else. Look at the album credits and you'll see that was buried on "side 2", not up front. Others told me that was a favorite (despite the less melodic approach), so I made the video. Anyway I'm not asking you to listen to everything and comment, but you're putting a lot onto me.

Spinal Tap? Can you be specific because that blows my mind and I honestly have no idea what you mean.
Like riffs? Melody? Shred? Free mp3s? Acoustic guitars galore? Download tunes from my new acoustic album, classical guitar album, or hard rock albums at www.randyellefson.com