View post (Is instrumental guitar a viable genre?)

View thread

RandyEllefson
RandyEllefson
05/22/2013 12:50 am
Originally Posted by: StringybarkIt is often as a result of doing lots of self-promotion that starts giving you the limelight.[/QUOTE]

I actually did most of what those guys were doing years ago and just about killed myself doing some of that and eventually quit because it didn't help and made me miserable.

[QUOTE=Stringybark]Furthermore, just because you think you have a catchy tune, that doesn't mean that the public out there agrees with you.

Ask any artist and they will usually say that the public loves that particular piece of music or painting or sculpture, but the artist him or herself very often thinks that those adored creations are not at all his or her favourites.

The ultimate judge is not you, but those who buy your music ( or painting, sculpture etc.)

Actually the public has been far kinder to me than I am, but that wasn't the point. For me, I only see guys who play fast or who are already big names talked about much and it has suggested to me that you can't get people "behind you" without just being a show off.
Like riffs? Melody? Shred? Free mp3s? Acoustic guitars galore? Download tunes from my new acoustic album, classical guitar album, or hard rock albums at www.randyellefson.com