View post (The Blues Face)

View thread

lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
05/10/2002 4:46 pm
Here's MY answer.

If you wanna eat, sleep, live, and breathe music, Berklee is the right place. You have the greatest musicians from around the world coming here to get an education, and that's priceless. I've seen people that were stars, or already working musicians, that came there only to learn baroque composition (or something they didn't know yet), or stuff like that.
The only problem about Berklee is its price... Try to get a solid music education at your local community college, form a band, start gigging.

I'm telling you, it's not about wanking the guitar for 5 hours a day just for the fun of it. It's about learning two hours worth of music overnight to play it in front of everybody the day later. It's about reading books, getting an education, writing, and gigging with the best the planet has.
Is it worth it? Dude, I spend the day singing, playing the guitar, and I getting PAID for it. I wake up and I look forward to going to work. Nothing would have happened without the dedication I gave to my craft. Of course, not every Berklee students ends up as a pro musician, just like not every computer nerd ends up like Bill GATES. But that's worth a try.
Don't forget, being a pro is just like any other job. It takes hard work, dedication, discipline, and a good sense of humor (wawazat? yes, I definitely think it opens doors) if you got what it takes, go for it. If you don't have a discipline, keep the music a hobby, both are fine.