Any good book on music composing ?

SebastBerg
Full Access
SebastBerg
Full Access
04/27/2013 1:07 am
Hi everyone,

I want to get myself a good book on composing music. Tips and tricks from the pros, structure, creating moods ... stuff like that.

Anyone has book to suggest ?
# 1
dimefever
dimefever
04/27/2013 1:25 am
I have got a few books ,pdf verions are available with me...whats your email id ,i could help you by sharing those books afterall
RIP Dimbag Darell,you will always be remembered.
dimefever
# 2
Elliott Jeffries
Elliott Jeffries
05/01/2013 3:50 pm
Writing songs and submitting them as works in progress to forums would give you quick direct feedback. Are you trying to make a song that's in your head and you want to know how put it down on paper? Take music theory if you haven't, that would be a good start. Taking classes in music theory would be a prerequisite to taking composition classes at a school. I'd consider that instead of going it alone with a book, I think you could even find online classes. You'd end up with a book in the process as well.
# 3
SebastBerg
Full Access
SebastBerg
Full Access
05/01/2013 5:00 pm
Actually I already know a good amount of theory and how to apply them. I also already compose music. I don't want to learn how to compose. There's no right or wrong if it sounds good.
I want to read on other artists techniques, approach, pros and cons, tips and tricks, ideas, suggestions based on there "success and mistakes"...
Something that could give me some ideas to apply to my own music.
I'm curions to read on how the greats did it and what they have learned.
There as to be a good book on that subject somewhere.

Sure, listening to music and getting inspired by great musicians is probably the best thing to do and I'm already doing that.
I'm just searching for some material somewhere that could be a plus to what I'm already doing...and that I can take with me for a bio break or for that before bed reading :p
# 4
Elliott Jeffries
Elliott Jeffries
05/01/2013 6:47 pm
If that's the case, I'd look for a book about how classic songs were made. Don't know of any myself, maybe there's biographies of Burt Bacharach or others to look at. Also there are good classic rock documentaries on Netflix of how some famous records came together, like Aja by Steely Dan.
# 5
SebastBerg
Full Access
SebastBerg
Full Access
05/01/2013 8:07 pm
Good idea and suggestions. Ill check that out. Thank you
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.